The Policy Reminders in this section include certain policies and regulations the we feel are important for child safety, and for the growth and maturation of your match. These reminders should provide additional details and guidance, and as always, feel free to contact your Match Specialist with any questions or concerns that you might have.
*Personal Space and Boundaries
• Respect the child’s need for personal space and privacy.
• Provide private areas for a child to change or bathe if necessary.
• Affection is best expressed through positive and affirming comments.
• Physical affection may be expressed using a handshake, high-five, pat
on back or hug. Avoid the child sitting on laps, wrestling and tickling.
• Never sleep or nap with a child in the same bed, sleeping bag or sofa.
• State expectations for behavior and boundaries and be consistent.
• Verbally address behavior concerns and clarify what needs to change
or happen. If a child doesn’t respond, take him/her home and inform
the parent/guardian. Physical discipline is never allowed.