Big Brothers Big Sisters is now hiring for a full-time Development Director!
The Development Director serves as lead strategist for agency fund development and marketing, helping the Chief Executive Officer and leadership team create a multi-year plan for increasing revenue and volunteers which informs and supports the agency’s plans for growth. The Development Director functions as the agency’s primary major gift fundraiser.
Key elements of the agency fund development program include: donor acquisition; fund-raising events; an annual giving program; major gifts from individuals; grants; planned giving and endowment gifts and corporate and foundation giving. Key elements of the marketing program include: effective communications and community outreach including social media strategies and print materials; and building partner relationships that attract new resources to the agency.
Works closely with CEO and Development team to fulfill agency goals. Works closely with CEO as Agency Media Spokesperson.
Supporting elements include: donor stewardship; database management; and donor research.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position please Click Here (to see job description). Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Once these items are received, a member of the organization may contact the applicant if it is determined that their experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the open position.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is now hiring for a part-time Grants Specialist!
GRANTS SPECIALIST: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cedar Rapids & East Central Iowa seeks an experienced grant writer to join its growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a mission-driven communications professional to apply your writing and research skills to help make a difference in the lives of children facing adversity.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Research funding opportunities for:
- Unrestricted operating revenue
- Restricted projects
- Capital projects, as needed
• Coordinate, write and submit grant proposals
• Analyze results, compile statistics and produce accurate and timely interim and final reports, as required
• Maintain detailed and accurate records through updating databases, recording grant information and fulfillment
• Develop and maintain relationships with funders
• Communicate with Development Director on grants and project status and donor cultivation
• Manage correspondence with grantors
• Perform grant administration in a timely manner
• Assist, as needed, with Development activities, including donor events, annual fundraisers and community outreach
• Participate in internal Development Team and All Staff meetings
• Bachelor’s degree - Nonprofit Management, English or Communications preferred
• 1-3 years grant writing experience
• Excellent persuasive and analytical writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
• Excellent organizational and concentration skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Strong initiative and creativity
• Strong ability in research and analysis
• Ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to cultivate relationships
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Proficiency in a formal database application
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and present a professional and positive demeanor to staff, funders, board members and the general public
• Ability to maintain positive work attitude under stressful situations
• Ability to represent the agency and respond professionally in all situations
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Interested? Get started here:
For more information about working with us, contact Katie Grandgeorge, Operations Director, at KatieG@BeABigCR.org or 319-377-8993.
Find opportunities at a Big Brothers Big Sisters agency near you »
Find opportunities at the national headquarters in Philadelphia »
See opportunities across the nation »